Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF – Doctors Without Borders) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of religion, creed or political affiliation. To develop this work from (name of mission), we are recruiting a:
CONTEXT: MSF is currently carrying out activities related to the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak in different health structures in the governorate of Hebron and is seeking to hire drivers to join our project.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Performing the tasks of transporting authorized goods and passengers in an MSF vehicle, ensuring its technical and safety conditions and respecting the country's traffic rules and MSF security rules, in order to pro-vide a safe, smooth and efficient service
- Checking the conditions of the assigned vehicle and report to the logistics manager any issues, such as damaged equipment, mechanic parts, MSF identification items, lights, among others.
- Ensuring the security of passengers inside the vehicle.
- Driving carefully, observing speed limits and traffic rules in the country, as well as MSF security rules.
- Ensuring correct loading and unloading of the vehicle.
- Ensuring MSF documents are properly filled.
- Keeping the vehicle clean inside and outside.
- Education: Secondary education and valid driver’s license with a good driving record is essential
- Language: Arabic & English is essential
- Experience: Min. 2 year of work experience in a similar position is essential;
Experience working in NGO is desirable
- Skills: Basic mechanic skills are desirable
- Knowledge Good knowledge of mission area roads is essential
Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
Capacity to work in a place with high security requirements.
Ability to work within a team.
- Full-time position; 42 hours per week
- 2 months fixed term contract, extension possible.
- Health cover.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter and CV in English with reference details, copies of diploma, work certificate, driving licence to:
Médecins Sans Frontières
Human Resources Department – PS155 Project
With the reference: Driver PS155. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Thursday ,22/10/2020 at 4:00 pm